First of all who came up with that saying & what does it even mean?
If you couldn't tell by the title of this post I'm a little frustrated (understatement of the year). People everywhere feel the need to give me their "2 cents". Some advice is good, some is very very wrong, & some needed not be said at all. Well, I have come to a point in my life where everyone & their mother feel the need to tell me their concerns. Yes, Justin is my first boyfriend. Yes, I am young. Yes, I probably don't know what marriage is really like. Guess what? IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. none! Nothing about my relationship with Justin has to do with anyone but me & Justin. That's it. That's where the list of important people ends. I don't need to hear the horror stories. I don't care that your cousin's neighbor's ex girlfriend married some guy when she was my age & he left her with 4 kids & no job. I don't care that your husband is not the man you thought he was when you were my age. I don't care that you have been divorced 3 times because you have daddy issues. I am not those people. You know nothing about my relationship. Also, since when am I the minority? "What?! You guys aren't going to live together before you're married?" No, no we are not. While I'm on the topic I'm astounded by the amount of couples who live together who have no intention of marriage. REALLY? What is the difference? Commitment? Even when I hear people talk about how they never intend on marrying their boyfriend who lives with them I don't say a word. It's not my place. I don't care. Why is it that people feel the need to scare me out of marriage? I have no fear in our relationship. Justin & I coming together had nothing to do with me. It had everything to do with God. By my faith in God I know that I'm going to be OK. I have not taken this relationship lightly by any means. I am praying constantly for us, for him, and for our future. I'm also not blind. I know Justin is not perfect. No one is. I know I can't change him & I don't want to! I love him for his flaws & his quirks.
Topic #2. My wedding is MY wedding. Not YOUR wedding. Mine. I do what I want. Leave me alone. If I want to walk down the aisle to Coldplay, I'm going to. If I want soup & bread bowls as my meal, I'm going to. If I want all of my nieces & nephews in the wedding, I'm going to. Why is everyone so concerned about what my wedding is like? Also, why is +1 a thing?! Unless you are dating someone you do NOT need to bring anyone to my wedding. I think you'll last the whole 3 hours without a buddy who came for the free food. Oh yeah no alcohol & no dancing! (I'll wait till you're done immediately judging my family in your mind) if I get compared to Footloose one more time I'm going to scream! I do not dance. I do not want to dance. Frankly, I think it's one of the most embarrassing things people do in public. Even more than picking your nose.
So in conclusion all of this is to say back off & let me enjoy my engagement.
thank you.
love,
bridezilla.
ps mom this is NOT about you. you have been wonderful.
3 comments:
Lol! I Only laugh because I KNOW. Welcome to wedding planning & combing 2 families :) Praying for you both!
Dear Bridezilla
Thank you for the laugh of the day! I'm blaming the 'pill' ;)
Love you and Justin,
Mommacakes
Bread bowls, really??
Ha, ha! Just kidding.
Welcome to Wedding Wonderland!!
Post a Comment