Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Miranda Sings Camp - Milwaukee

I have never felt so old in my life. 


***

My 14 year old niece (shout out to Hallie) is obsessed with YouTube. Apparently all teens these days are. I did not realize that YouTube was used for anything more than music videos and cats playing piano. So when she started talking NON STOP in an annoying voice and going on and on about Miranda Sings I was extremely confused. 

***

I remember looking up Miranda Sings on Instagram and being so appalled! My niece was idolizing a girl with lipstick all over her face who took the most unflattering pictures of herself.  WHY HALLIE WHY? That's when she introduced me to the world of YouTube. After falling down a rabbit hole of videos I discovered the real girl who played her; Colleen Ballinger. Knowing Miranda was just a character made me feel so much better!


***
When I heard she was coming to town my curiosity took over and I had to see for myself how this girl makes a living doing this. I wanted to take my niece to the show but she wasn't allowed to go. 
So this conversation happened:

Stacey: Would you want to go to the weirdest thing ever with me on Friday?
Dana: Haha sure! What's that?
Stacey: Have you ever heard of Miranda Sings?

Dana, you are a great friend.



***

The show was hilarious! She had us both laughing multiple times. My favorite part was when she was turning into Miranda and Dana leans over and says "I JUST realized that was the same girl!" 


***

As weird as the whole concept is I thought she was amazing. She brings several different kids from the audience on stage during the show and you never knew what you were going to get from them. One of the boys she brought up picked her up and started spinning around with her. I was so scared he was going to drop her on her head! She never skipped a beat. She stayed in character and continued on with the show. 

***

In the end I'm glad I went. I finally get it! 
But I still feel old.

No comments: