It's funny how we get ideas in our heads & in our hearts that we are set on. Growing up, my heart was set on finding that one person I was going to marry & nothing else in life would matter. I thought finding a man was the cure all of problems. I thought, once I had a boyfriend who chose to love me my life would be complete. Such is not the case. Yes, dating has filled me with so much joy & I am so blessed to have Justin but he doesn't complete me. We make a great team & compliment each other nicely but he doesn't satisfy the desires of my heart. No matter how much I love Justin or how much he loves me God is truly the only one who satisfies. I'm learning that more & more in this relationship. In church we sing songs with lyrics like "all I need is you Lord." & "my heart is Yours" but do we really mean it? It's so easy to get distracted by the tangible things surrounding us but none of it really satisfies the longing in our hearts. Eventually, all earthly things disappoint & fade away. God never fails, disappoints, or leaves. He is always there just waiting for our attention again. I know that in my life I put God to the side constantly. I try to do this life thing on my own but I'm discovering I don't know anything about anything. Once I had what I wanted (a boyfriend) I took control of my life again. You think I'd learn by now that never works. I forgot about the best friend I had when I was single who reminded me how much He loved me. I forgot about all the nights where literally He was the only one I had to turn to. He never left me. He is still looking out for me constantly in ways I barely recognize any more. Lately, I have been searching for something but I didn't know what. I couldn't figure out what was missing in my life. Just recently it became glaringly obvious. I stopped giving God even half the attention He deserves. It's amazing how God never gives up even when everyone else does.
"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away." Song of Solomon 8:6-7
He is the perfect example of love & how to love. I don't know about you but sometimes I need a reminder of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment