I decided I would share with you all my own little "love story". Lets start at the beginning...
I was friends with a girl from church who went to a Christian high school. She was on her facebook at school (tsk tsk) and her friends saw my picture. One of the guys she was with decided to friend request me. I had never met him but at that time I added anyone, ok I still do that.
Now fast forward one year later. My good friend Ben took me to a college ministry in down town Milwaukee called the Ave. As he was introducing me to his friends I recognized his friend Justin but I couldn't figure out how I knew him. Later that night I was on facebook and realized that Justin was the guy who added me a year ago. I wanted to bring it up to him so bad but I didn't want him to think I was creepy so I left it alone. Oh I forgot to mention Justin happened to be very attractive. He had a girlfriend though so I didn't think twice about it.
I continued to go to the Ave even after my friend Ben stopped going. I didn't know anyone there but I hoped I would eventually make friends. After about a year of going I read a book called Lady in Waiting. If you haven't read it I highly recommend it. It changed my life. In the book it talked about finding good christian women to surround yourself with. It also talked about not doing everything with the intention of meeting a man. That really spoke to me so I joined a women's Bible Study through the Ave. I joined with no intention other than fellowship with christian women and getting deeper into the Word. The girls in the Bible Study welcomed me with open arms. That is where I met my friend Tracie. We went to the same high school but she didn't remember me (not shocking, I wasn't exactly popular). We became close friends very fast.
Now fast forward another 6 months. Tracie and I hung out a lot. I started to become friends with her close group of friends which consisted of Sara, David, Mark, Sam, and you guessed it...Justin. I knew Justin the least out of all of them. He wasn't around much when I was with them. Then one day Mark invited me to go to Summer Solstice with him. It sounded like fun so I brought my friend Nik with me and he brought Justin. Nik left early and our other friends met up with us later. Justin and I ended up spending the whole day together. The conversation was effortless and endless. I had the best time getting to know more about him and spending time with him. Our friends quickly caught on to what was happening. Probably even before we did. From that point on it was their mission to set us up. We hung out in group settings a couple more times before he finally asked me for my phone number. He was the perfect gentlemen about everything. After that we went on a few dates and had a great time. We just clicked. I don't know how else to describe the level of compatibility we had. He then officially asked me to be his girlfriend and life has been wonderful ever since.
I still feel like this is all a dream. Like it really isn't happening but it is. Everything has been working out perfectly and the only reason for that is because God was in control of the whole situation. I had absolutely nothing to do with this. When we let God take control of our lives and hearts and desires He makes everything work out for the best. No matter how long that takes or what you have to go through in the meantime He will ultimately bring it all together for His good. Now I don't know what will happen in the future with me and Justin. What I do know is that God continues to prove Himself faithful no matter what. He is in control and I am not. Thank the Lord!
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
No comments:
Post a Comment